Effective Date: January 20, 2021
Important Indigo Privacy Guideline
Information We Collect
We may collect personal data from or on behalf of Merchants. Merchants determine the scope of the personal data transferred to us or that we collect, and the information we receive may vary by Merchant. Typically, the information we collect on behalf of Merchants includes:
Information that we collect when a Merchant’s customers make a payment
When a customer makes a payment via a Clover POS, we collect information about the transaction, which may include personal data. Information about transactions includes the payment card used, name associated with the payment card, the location of the merchant’s store, date and time of the transaction, transaction amount, and information about the goods or services purchased in the transaction.
Additional information Merchants’ customers provide through the Clover POS ancillary to a payment
We may collect additional information ancillary to the payment. This information may include:
- Customers’ email address or phone number, such as when the customer chooses to receive an electronic receipt
- Customers’ marketing preferences, such as whether the customer wishes to receive marketing communications or newsletters
- Information about participating customers’ activity in a merchant loyalty program
- Customers’ physical address, where needed for delivery of goods or services
- Other information the customer provides, such as birthdate, interests or preferences, reviews, and feedback
Additional information that Merchants provide to us about their customers or personnel
Merchants may provide us with additional information directly, via access they grant to us, or otherwise. The types of information that merchants may provide to us about their customers include email addresses, phone numbers, and purchase history. The types of information that merchants may provide to us about their personnel include email addresses, phone numbers, shifts, and sales history.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal data we collect for or on behalf of Merchants, to provide our services and the functionality of our application: This information can be used by the Merchant to communicate with the customer through Mystore.IndigoCCR.com.
We may also use personal data for related internal purposes, including:
- To provide information about the application, such as important updates or changes to the application and security alerts
- To measure performance of and improve the application
- To respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for customer support
In addition, Company may use personal data as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our application; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Protection for Children of Age under 16:
Indigo does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from persons under 16 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed at persons under 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then you may not use the Service. If Indigo learns that Personal Information of persons less than 16 years of age has been collected, then Indigo will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at support@IndigoCCR.com.
How We Share Information
We may share personal data that we collect with:
- The Merchant from whom or on whose behalf we collected the personal data
- The platform on which our application runs, the Clover POS. You may view Clover’s Privacy Notice here.
- With third parties as a Merchant may direct
- With third party service providers that help us manage and improve the application
Company may disclose personal data to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern our application; (d) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
Your Rights and Choices
Data Subject Rights
To the extent that applicable law provides individuals with rights pertaining to their personal information, such as to review and request changes to their personal information, individuals should contact the Merchant with any requests pertaining to the Merchant’s use of our application. To the extent that Clover is responsible for responding to data subject rights requests under applicable law, individuals may contact Clover with applicable requests as explained in Clover’s Privacy Notice, https://www.clover.com/privacy-policy. Company will assist a Merchant, or Clover, as applicable, in responding to such requests subject to our contract with a Merchant or Clover.
If you have a complaint about our handling of personal data, you may contact us via the contact information provided below.
This PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS supplements the information contained in the Privacy Statement of Indigo Payments, Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively, “we,” “us,” or “our”) and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers”, “customers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). Specifically, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||NO|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from Merchant’s or Merchant’s Customers. For example, information collected by the Merchant at the Clover POS or entered by Customer on the Clover POS customer facing display.
- Indirectly from our Customers. For example, through information we collect from providing services to Customers.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our website (my.indigoccr.com). For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To statistically analyze Services usage;
- To improve our content and product offerings;
- To personalize the content, recommendations, layout, and features of our Services;
- To respond to your comments and questions;
- To diagnose and resolve server problems;
- To make location-based offers that might interest you, enable you to submit user-generated content based on your location, and otherwise improve your experience using our Services;
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor so that we may save and remember any preferences that may have been set when you last visited us. For example, if you register for our Services, we may store your username and password to save you time and convenience when you visit;
- To match Personal and Non-Personal Information we collect through our Services with other information about you supplied by third parties so that we can provide you with customized product and content offerings (including targeted ads and offers);
- To improve our advertising and marketing efforts;
- To contact you requesting your participation in user surveys, asking for feedback on current Services or prospective products and services to improve the Services and better understand our users; and
- To send you information and communications related to products and services that we believe will interest you.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months have not disclosed your personal information for business purposes.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 ).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-800-988-8386
- Emailing operations@IndigoPayments.com
- Mailing Indigo Payments, Inc.
- 2000 RiverEdge Pkwy NW, STE 600
- Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will notify you by email or through a notice on our website homepage.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
- Calling us at 1-800-988-8386
- Emailing operations@IndigoPayments.com
- Mailing Indigo Payments, Inc.
- Glenridge Highlands
- 5555 Glenridge Connector, Suite 200
- Atlanta, Georgia 30342